A Breakdown Of How Much Money Was Spent On Booze At The Top Bars, Clubs, Restaurants, Venues And Hotels Within Dallas Proper In January ’19.
Welcome to Bar Raised, our recurring column that proves that Texans like to spend copious amounts of their income participating in the Great American Pastime. We know this because, as Reddit user BadLemur once pointed out, the Texas Comptroller keeps tabs on that sort of thing and makes all that info public record. Any establishment in the state that holds a Mixed Beverage license must report all sales revenue generated from the sale of liquor, beer and wine at their establishments on a monthly basis. The comptroller, in turn, puts all that info into a conveniently navigable database. And then we break down Dallas’ numbers for you here.
March is a big month for drinking.
We all know that — and we are prepared for it.
As we’ve already announced, we’re teaming up with our homies over at Sundown at Granada to host the all-day-long Hangover Do-Over festivities on Sunday, March 17, to help anyone who needs a little help nursing their post St. Paddy’s Day parade headaches back to healthy. If you can think of a hangover cure, we’ll likely have it on site, ready for you to sample it.
But this ain’t an article about March drinking. It’s a retrospective look back at Dallas’ January drinking stats.
In the coming months, we’ll take a look at how the new 7-Eleven that’s serving craft beer, how the changes along Lower Greenville and perhaps even how Jon Bon Jovi’s brand of rose entering our market will affect our drinking habits.
For now, though, let’s just take a look back at top 20 places where the $68 million that was spent on booze in Dallas in January 2019 got dropped.
Dallas Establishments With Top Gross Alcohol Sales For January 2019.
1. LEVY RESTAURANTS (American Airlines Center): $1,355,711
2. OMNI DALLAS CONVENTION CENTER: $1,290,658
3. BOTTLED BLONDE/THE BACKYARD: $1,002,958
4. SALC, INC. (Hilton Anatole): $839,278
5. SERVICE AMERICA OF TEXAS, INC. (Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center): : $793,498
6. DALLAS REGENCY CORPORATION (Hyatt Regency): $691,173
7. HAPPIEST HOUR, LLC: : $642,408
8. SHERATON HOTEL AND CONVENTION CENTER: $541,2569
9. NICK & SAM’S STEAK & FISH HOUSE: $508,773
10. EPIC ABS LLC (The Statler): $478,435
11. MOXIE’S GRILL & BAR: $474,357
12. HOSPITALITY INTERNATIONAL INC (The Ritz Carlton): $454,927
13. BABY DOLLS TOPLESS SALOON: $427,009
14. COWBOY’S RED RIVER: $421,209
15.HOUSE OF BLUES DALLAS RESTAURANT CORP: $396,637
16. DFB CAPITAL LLC (Katy Trail Ice House): $382,180
17. THE LODGE: $375,349
18. COOL RIVER CAFE: $370,736
19. JOULE BEVERAGE LLC: $360,560
20. ROUNDUP SALOON: $354,680
Total alcohol sales in Dallas in January 2019: $68,287,668.
Last month’s total: $69,132,453.