Seven Dallasites Share Stories About Being In The Doghouse.
Since 2011, the Dallas storytelling series Oral Fixation has afforded Dallasites a forum and an audience for sharing insights into their day-to-day life experiences. It's a compelling, often uplifting showcase — and one we're proud to work alongside as a podcasting partner. For past episodes, visit our Soundcloud archives.
As we've told you time and time (and time and time) again, there's something very special, truly cathartic and remarkably insightful at play with Oral Fixation, the Dallas storytelling series we're proud to have partnered with for this podcasting partnership.
That much can be heard loud in clear in the latest episode of the Oral Fixation podcast, which centers around an “In The Doghouse” theme and features heartwarming and laugh-inducing tales alike.
Per Oral Fixation's own literature, here's what to expect of this episode's storytellers:
• Oral Fixation veteran Allison Hatfield takes the stage with her online dating approach to finding Mr. Right — a canine, that is.
• Comedian Jim Kuenzer will have you snorting with laughter at his tale of middle school hijinks.
• Pastor Pollo Corral shocks with his no-holds-barred account of 40 days in captivity due to a mismanaged drug deal.
• Dallas Comedy House star Christie Wallace expertly reveals how a special pup made her way into her heart.
• Cathy Hutchison reacts to the terrifying moment of having to tell her mother she was pregnant out of wedlock.
• Hal Karp takes it way back to a memorable childhood prank.
• Crazed expectant father Wayne Applebaum digs himself a deep hole with his overtaxed wife.
These stories were each shared on October 21, 2015, at Dallas City Performance Hall. Listen to them below, set to music provided by Daniel Hart and Dark Rooms.