A Breakdown Of How Much Money Was Spent On Booze At The Top Bars, Clubs, Restaurants And Hotels In Dallas In June 2017.
Texans like to spend copious amounts of their income participating in the Great American Pastime. We know this, because as Reddit user BadLemur once pointed out, the Texas Comptroller keeps tabs on that sort of thing and makes all that info public record. Any establishment in the state that holds a Mixed Beverage license must report all sales revenue generated from the sale of liquor, beer and wine at their establishments on a monthly basis. The comptroller, in turn, puts all that info into a conveniently downloadable spreadsheet each month.
Millennials are killing everything.
And as we chokehold the diamond industry while holding down the housing market with one foot, we apparently now have our next target: beer
The buzz a couple of weeks ago was that millennials were killing the beer industry because Boston Beer Company and Constellation Brands were downgraded on the stock market by Goldman Sachs because younger generations are apparently drinking more wine and spirits than older generations.
“As we explored back in 2014, we expected a cyclical rebound in total alcohol consumption post-recession ,” writes Goldman Sachs analyst Freda Zhuo. “The cause [for shifts in beer and wine market penetration] is younger groups shifting away from beer.”
But did anyone ever think to ask us why?
Maybe it’s because shots are more effective at easing the stress of not having any money. Or maybe it’s because this generation wants to use a more, let’s say wholistic substance to cope with low wages, few jobs and repetitive criticisms.
Still, as the numbers below show, let it not be said that we cannot drink our weight in booze.
Dallas Establishments With Top Gross Alcohol Sales For June 2017.
1. SALC, INC. (Hilton Anatole): $1,034,290
2. HAPPIEST HOUR, LLC (Happiest Hour Dallas): $666,936
3. OMNI DALLAS CONVENTION CENTER: $526,461
4. MOXIE’S GRILL & BAR:$519,763
5. DFB CAPITAL LLC (Katy Trail Ice House): $506,260
6. CLUTCH BAR AND RESTAURANT: $478,515
7. COWBOY’S RED RIVER: $473,374
8. BABY DOLLS TOPLESS SALOON: $473,153
9. HOSPITALITY INTERNATIONAL INC (The Ritz-Carlton): $464,133
10. THE RUSTIC: $444,097
11. TOPGOLF USA: $441,985
12. DALLAS REGENCY CORPORATION (Hyatt Regency Dallas) : $412,926
13. STIRR: $408,542
14. HG SPLY CO.: $403,800
15. NICK & SAM’S STEAK & FISH HOUSE: $378,710
16. DOT’S HOP HOUSE & COCKTAIL COU: $358,907
17. JAVIER’S RESTAURANT: $349,992
18. JOULE BEVERAGE LLC (The Joule Dallas) : $349,926
19. COOL RIVER CAFE CR01: $341,001
20. ESCAPADE 2001 DALLAS: $339,478
Total alcohol sales in Dallas in June 2017: $64,082,444.91
Last Month’s Total: $67,615,139.85
Cover photo by Karlo X. Ramos