Talking #DallasWeek, Flooding and The Best Adult Birthday Party Ideas.
Welcome to the This Is Dallas podcast, where our weekly focus is the City of Dallas and all interesting things happening around it. Wanna subscribe to it on iTunes? You can do so right here. Also, peep the archives here.
This week, professional radio talker Mike Marshall and I discuss a bevy of topics, starting with the Dallas hip-hop community's efforts to turn last week into a communal, rising-tides-lift-all-boats deal called #DallasWeek.
From there, we move on to discussing another kind of celebration — adult birthdays — and wonder about the best ways to indulge in them around town. This, of course, is presuming that you can even get around town, given all the flooding that Dallas streets have been facing of late, which is our final topic for the week.
Still, we definitely touch on some other things, too, including:
• What are you supposed to do when gunshots go off at an after-party?
• Has anyone booked Action Bronson to both perform and cater a single event yet?
• What the hell is Whirlyball?
• Are piano bars only fun when you're a tourist?
• What's it like to be stuck in a room with a zombie?
• Is a flooded highway the best possible excuse for taking a day off of work?
We also hear jams from G.U.N., A.Dd+ and Sealion. So listen in! — Pete Freedman