This Year’s Big Tex Choice Awards Semifinalists Include A Tamale Donut, Deep Fried Fruit Loops, Texas Fajita Fries And Plenty Of Deep Fried Goodness.
Rejoice, fellow Texan’s — one of our favorite events of the year is inching closer every day.
You know what we’re talking about – walking around in miles-long circles inhaling shameful amounts of smoked turkey legs and Fletcher’s corn dogs while avoiding those bitter exes and high school Facebook friends that you blocked last week.
The annual Red River Shootout that the Boomer Sooners always – always – win.
For the folk not from around these parts, it’s State Fair of Texas time, baby! Riding the deep fried wave of the past 13 years, the Big Tex Choice Awards announced its semifinalists for this year.
There are three categories where these concoctions can nab the top spot: best taste — savory or sweet — and most creative. Winners will be announced Aug. 27.
Here’s the full list. Drool if you must:
- Beer Battered Beef Jerky
- Fried Redneck Wedding Cake Balls
- Cajun Fried Deviled Eggs
- Fried Sloppy Joe Flautas with ‘Not Cho’ Fries
- Crawfish Lollipop
- Fried Texas Dirt
- Deep Fried Bacon Wrapped Mozzarella with Jalapeño
- Ranch Fried Texas Sheet Cake
- Deep Fried Breakfast Cupcake
- Funnel Cake Bacon Queso Burger
- Deep Fried Chicken Noodle Soup on a Stick
- Gulf Coast Fish Bowl
- Deep Fried Fruit Loops
- Oreo Beer
- Deep Fried Reuben
- Pinot Noir Popcorn
- Deep Fried Root Beer Float with Dragon’s Breath
- Ramen Grasshopper Cookie
- Dreamy Drunken Sopapilla Cheesecake Bar
- Southern Fried Chicken Monte Cristo
- Fat Smooth
- Surfin-Turfin-Tator Boat
- Fried Arroz Con Pollo
- Texas Fajita Fries
- Fried Cheesecake Stuffed Apple Sundae
- Texas Fried Cowboy Fritters
- Fried El Paso
- The Tamale Donut
- Fried Mango Loco
- Tipsy Topsy Catfish on a Stick