A Breakdown Of How Much Money Was Spent On Booze At The Top Bars, Clubs, Restaurants And Hotels In Dallas In August 2017.
Texans like to spend copious amounts of their income participating in the Great American Pastime. We know this, because as Reddit user BadLemur once pointed out, the Texas Comptroller keeps tabs on that sort of thing and makes all that info public record. Any establishment in the state that holds a Mixed Beverage license must report all sales revenue generated from the sale of liquor, beer and wine at their establishments on a monthly basis. The comptroller, in turn, puts all that info into a conveniently downloadable spreadsheet each month.
As the Texas summer fades, so too do your opportunities to hang out at your favorite outdoor spots with cold brews and drinks in hand.
Turns out, though, summer isn’t prime drinking time in America. Actually, it’s the run from December through St. Patrick’s Day that serves as peak drinking time around the country. According to a statistical analysis done by the Washington Post back in 2014, the summer season surprisingly appears to be one of moderation for American boozing.
Is it just that colder temperatures keep us indoors more, and that we resort to drinking to pass the time as a result? Sure. Well, that and we suppose trying to avoid awkward holiday conversations with your family about your future and when you’re gonna get married and how soon you’re gonna have kids. That’s enough to turn anyone to the sauce.
But apparently those conversations aren’t happening in August? Alcohol sales at bars and restaurants in Dallas proper that month actually dropped down about $10 million from the previous month’s sales. Below, let’s take a look at the top 20 earners and how much they made.
Dallas Establishments With Top Gross Alcohol Sales For August 2017.
- OMNI DALLAS CONVENTION CENTER: $850, 772
- SALC, INC. (Hilton Anatole): $662,618
- HAPPIEST HOUR, LLC (Happiest Hour Dallas): $606,368
- BABY DOLLS TOPLESS SALOON: $548,118
- MOXIE’S GRILL & BAR:$527,803
- CLUTCH BAR AND RESTAURANT: $484,022
- COWBOY’S RED RIVER: $478,650
- FB CAPITAL LLC (Katy Trail Ice House): $464,148
- THE RUSTIC: $400,985
- STIRR: $389,142
- ESCAPADE 2001 DALLAS: $387,172.
- NICK & SAM’S STEAK & FISH HOUSE: $386,836
- HOSPITALITY INTERNATIONAL INC (The Ritz-Carlton): $386,160
- LEVY RESTAURANTS (American Airlines Center): $373,063
- THE LODGE: $370,893
- JAVIER’S RESTAURANT: $367,450
- KUNG FU SALOON: $357,688
- PAPPS BROS STEAKHOUSE: $356,230
- BOMBSHELLS: $354,533
- DALLAS REGENCY CORPORATION (Hyatt Regency Dallas): $352,510
Total alcohol sales in Dallas in August 2017: $60,633,143
Last Month’s Total: $71,148,090
Cover image by Ben Smithson.