Neighborhood Pride Reigned Supreme This Week.
Kind of a shocker, but even with everyone so laser-focused on last-minute holiday shopping of late, we still managed to find a couple of eyeballs turned our way this week. Go figure!
So, which stories got the most attention? Ah, glad you asked.
• Pretty much every other story on our site this week should've been called “Not The Dallas Neighborhood Project,” because that's what they were. I guess we were right in thinking that there's a lot of neighborhood pride in this city. Also? People really like logos and T-shirts!
• You know what else people like? Said logos and T-shirts being worn around town by some young, attractive people!
• People also like heartwarming stories, turns out. Hence the popularity of our look at photographer Jeremy Minnerick's gift of wedding photos to four couples who got married in the Collin County courthouse last week.
• Local music is another thing people enjoy. Especially when it comes in list form and looks at the top 20 local music releases of 2012.
• Also, this is a universal truth: People want to know where they can get food at 2 a.m. when they're still awake and, most likely, drunk. Hence, we assume, the interest in our reveal about the upcoming opening of Pop Diner in Uptown.
As for us? We like weekends. We'll see you guys out there. And if we don't? Well, as always, be safe and we'll see you back here shortly.