Talking The Triple D Logo, Dallas' Stray Dog Problem and The Difficulties of Stand-Up Comedy.
Welcome to the This Is Dallas podcast, where our weekly focus is the City of Dallas and all interesting things happening around it. Wanna subscribe to it on iTunes? You can do so right here. Also, peep the archives here.
This week, Dallas appears to have taken its toll on professional radio talker Mike Marshall and me, as various forms of revelry have us feeling not-quite-all-there. But perhaps that's a good thing? You can make that argument, sure. Our guards are definitely down here in this week's episode, during which we defend Dallas' “Triple D” logo, ponder the city's increasing stray dog problem and discuss my recent foray into stand-up comedy.
Like I said, it was a pretty crazy week.
Also discussed in this week's This Is Dallas episode:
• Will throwback basketball jerseys every go out of style?
• How bad is the Dallas Stars' logo?
• Why is there still not an efficient way to clean a dirty ballcap?
• Is Dez Bryant's attitude a problem?
• Is it funny when people name dogs after people?
• Why aren't more local dogs named Romo or Dirk?
• How is it that people still don't understand the responsibilities of owning a dog?
• What's it like to tell a joke and get absolutely no reaction?
Plus more, including new songs from Lord Byron and Radioactivity, as well as a classic cut from The D.O.C. So listen in! — Pete Freedman