Talking Cowboys Hopes, Cops Who Dance The Nae Nae and Why More Shows Aren't Filmed In Dallas.
Welcome to the This Is Dallas podcast, where our weekly focus is the City of Dallas and all interesting things happening around it. Wanna subscribe to it on iTunes? You can do so right here. Also, peep the archives here.
It's been a long time — four weeks! — since we released a new episode of this, our Monday podcast. But we back, and we back, and we back, and we back. And we get right into things, too, starting things off by catching up on local sports chatter — specifically, the start of the Dallas Cowboys' preseason and defensive lineman Jeremy Mincey's new song, whihc he hopes will be the team's new anthem.
Also on the docket this week? Spiders working together in Rowlett, Dallas Police Chief David Brown's attempts to dance the Nae Nae, Mayor Rawlings' Heimlich Maneuver prowess and why more TV shows and movies aren't filmed locally.
Other topics discussed:
• Is Jeremy Mincey, like, a huge Dez Bryant fan?
• How would you rank the North Texas sports teams' mascots?
• Does Dallas get its proper due in Straight Outta Compton
• Are spiders the answer to our ozone problems?
• Is it ever OK for adults to participate in dance crazes?
• What does the mayor really do?
• Is The Good Guys the best TV show ever to come out of Dallas?
Plus, we check out Garland rapper Justus' contributions to Dr. Dre's new album and listen in on a track from Jonathan Tyler's new LP. Shoutout as ever, too, to DJ Sober and the fellas in A.Dd+ for the hookup on our intro song, “I'm So Dallas.”
Listen in, y'all.