Talking Amy Schumer at Winstar, The West Nile Virus and The Waco Biker Brawl.
Welcome to the This Is Dallas podcast, where our weekly focus is the City of Dallas and all interesting things happening around it. Wanna subscribe to it on iTunes? You can do so right here. Also, peep the archives here.
Yes, this podcasting effort between professional radio talker Mike Marshall and me is supposed to be a weekly deal. And, yes, just three weeks in, we've already fallen short of that, having missed last week's taping due to prior obligations.
But this week? This week we're back with a vengeance, y'all, talking long and talking hard about all sorts of fun stuff — starting right off the bat with why we missed last week's episode.
From there, we hit on a variety of subjects, including Amy Schumer's stop through the area for a gig at Winstar, the West Nile virus' return to Dallas and what the hell is going on with the bikers down in Waco.
Other topics discussed:
• Why is Beck's backing band so good at impersonating Michael McDonald?
• What are the similarities between Post Malone and Lil Bow Wow?
• When is Arlington going to snatch its rightful title as the gambling capital of America?
• Why is the local news so obsessed with West Nile?
• Is anyone ever interested in “joining the conversation” or whatever?
• How much more difficult is it to change your name in real life than on Twitter?
• Who are these people that genuinely enjoy Hooters food?
• Is Leon Bridges worth the hype?
And more! Listen in.