Nine Reasons Why Your Presence Is Required At Tonight's Pop That Bash.
By now you should be long familiar with Pop That. And you should certainly, at this point, be well aware of what we and our pal DJ Sober have in store for you at tonight's edition of our recurring party series.
So just consider this here piece a reminder of everything you already know. And, OK, a little bit of an extra push to convince you to come, too.
Because, listen, you're going to want to come. Here are nine reasons why.
1. Because these bashes always rule. They really, really, really, really do. And tonight's version is our fifth in the series, believe it or not. We've had a great time at each and every one of these to date — starting with Spank Rock's over-the-top performance back in September, continuing on to Brenmar's mind-blowing October set just before he started to pop internationally, then on to DJ Sega's absurdly high-energy go back in November and then January's downright incredible reunion of The Party. Tonight will be no different.
2. Because Booty Fade. You should know this by now, too: Booty Fade is more than just a production; the collaborative project from the minds of DJ Sober and Picnictyme serves as a remarkable bullhorn for Dallas music. Most every song these guys have produced to date — each of which can be heard on the twosome's debut, self-titled EP, the release of which we're celebrating tonight — is built around a sample from a locally produced song, be it from Lil Wil to Erykah Badu or any and all points in between. But it's hardly just pandering. These songs all rule, and they're all specifically catered for the party setting we'll all be reveling in tonight.
3. Because DJ Durkin will be there. And Durkin? Durkin's a boss. Back when we announced his participation in this party, we shared the below mix that the Boston-based DJ made for Mad Decent. And we're gonna share it again now, because it's still amazing.
5. Because we're gonna all be swanky as hell in our new digs. After four separate runs of Pop That at the It'll Do Club, we're trying out a new home for the party this month and taking things over to The Travis — and not the basement, either. We're throwing down upstairs this time around. And I don't know if you know this about the upstairs portion of The Travis, but, um, it's nice.
7. Because someone's leaving this thing with a free Samsung Galaxy 4 with three free months of service. Yup, it's true: We've got a few new friends helping us out with this party from now on — namely Aio Wireless and Scion A/V. Scion will have some free goodies to hand out tonight. But here's the big reveal: We're also giving a free phone and three months of service on that phone, sponsored by the Aio crew. In other words? We're taking a monthly bill payment of yours and throwing out the door for the next three months.
8. Because, if you buy a pre-sale ticket, you're gonna get a free copy of the Booty Fade EP. Yup. It's true. Also, you'll be saving a few bucks. Buy your ticket right now — right here — and it's three dollars. Buy it at the door and it's five. Buying a presale ticket also gets you a second chance to win the free cell phone, too. So that's plenty of incentive right there.
9. Um, just because OK? Listen: It's gonna rule. It might even be legendary. Trust.