You Missed Oktoberfest? Ugh! That Sucks!
Situation: With everything else going on this past weekend, you totally missed out on heading up to Addison Oktoberfest. And it's, like, your favorite. I mean, who doesn't love German beer, brats, carnival rides and drunk Addison-ites?
Feelings: Sad, disappointed and a little jealous of everyone that went.
Goal: You want to turn that frown upside down!
Listen: Addison Oktoberfest is done and over with. The good news? October will bring you more than your fair share of festivals and drinking.
Just for giggles, how about you make yourself a little German treat to get you out of your funk? An easy apple struedel sounds like just the ticket!
Ingredients: A sheet of thawed pastry dough (from your frozen foods section), a can of apple pie filling, an egg, a tablespoon of water, a little bit of sugar and cinnamon and a 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Roll your sheet of thawed pastry dough onto a floured, flat surface.
3. Mix your can of pie filling with your sugar and cinnamon.
4. Spoon the pie filling on the near portion of your dough to within 1 inch of the edge.
5. Starting at that same end, roll up your filling into the dough.
6. Place your roll seam side down onto a cooking sheet.
7. Mix egg and water, then brush onto top of pastry.
8. Cut several slits in top of pastry.
9. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Let cool, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
11. Eat your heart out.