A Look At How Much The Top Bars In Dallas Earned Last Month.
It's Friday, which means, for a good many of us, it's also payday. It also means that almost as many of us will hit the bar this evening, knock back a few cold ones and try to calculate just how much we can blow while still making rent.
Texans like to spend copious amounts of their income participating in the Great American Pastime. We know this, because as Reddit user BadLemur recently pointed out, the Texas Comptroller keeps tabs on that sort of thing and makes all that info public record.
Any establishment in the state that holds a Mixed Beverage license must report all sales revenue generated from the sale of liquor, beer and wine at their establishments on a monthly basis. The comptroller, in turn, puts all that info into a conveniently downloadable spreadsheet each month. As of May, there were 1,212 establishments in Dallas proper that held such a license. Below we've gone ahead and done you the solid of listing out the top 20 Dallas establishments in terms of alcohol sales for the month of May 2015.
Just keep in mind that all kinds of factors affect these rankings — including things like weather and holidays. For instance, AT&T Stadium in Arlington boasted $1,354,282.99 in sales in May, but nearly tripled that back in October of last year when it hosted three home Cowboys games and pulled in a whopping $3,820,475.97. Or course, that stadium's not in Dallas, either, so you won't see it in this list. Or any other establishment not located within the Dallas city limits, for that matter. (Sorry, Addison.)
1. SALC, INC. (Hilton Anatole): $1,127,412.99
2. OMNI DALLAS CONVENTION CENTER: $820,070.90
3. THE RUSTIC: $655,236.87
4. LEVY RESTAURANTS (American Airlines Center): $655,111.94
5. BABY DOLLS TOPLESS SALOON: $604,902.99
6. MKTRR 1 BEVERAGE LLC (Katy Trail Ice House): $550,843.88
7. HOSPITALITY INTERNATIONAL INC. (The Ritz-Carlton): $538,953.88
8. NICK & SAM'S STEAK & FISH HOUSE: $508,473.88
9. THE LODGE: $452,967.91
10. KUNG FU SALOON: $429,522.99
11. HOUSE OF BLUES: $412,233.88
12. JOULE BEVERAGE LLC. (The Joule hotel): $395,954.93
13. COWBOY'S RED RIVER: $392,158.96
14. SHERATON HOTEL AND CONVENTION: $368,900.00
15. DRAGONFLY: $366,408.96
16. HG SPLY CO: $360,937.91
17. CONCRETE COWBOY: $346,651.94
18. ESCAPADE 2001: $341,222.99
19. TRUCK YARD: $332,451.94
20. MANSION ON TURTLE CREEK: $330,817.91
Total alcohol sales in Dallas in May 2015: $59,403,800.75