Before Tonight's Red Bull Sound Select Show, Peep DJ Mike B's Bishop Nehru Video Mix.
There are any number of reasons why tonight's latest #DallasWeek offering — the Club Dada-hosted Red Bull Sound Select showcase featuring Bishop Nehru, The Outfit TX, Fat Tony and Buffalo Black that we curated and have been hyping for the better part of the past two months now — is worth getting excited about.
For one thing, on top of a stacked lineup of some of Texas' top rappers of the moment, 18-year-old rap wunderkind Bishop Nehru — a guy who has already earned cosigns from such varied talents as MF Doom and Disclosure — is headlining the damn thing. It's the rapper's first-ever Dallas performance and it comes within a busy summer, standing as one of just a handful of non-festival dates (The Roots Picnic, the Governor's Ball and NXNE) he's slated in these next few months.
All this attention despite the fact that he's still yet to release his first formal solo LP? It's less crazy once you realize that Nas is slated to produce that debut, and once you familiarize yourself with the young New Yorker's output, which DJ Mike B, who'll be mixing tracks and video all night long between tonight's live sets, is here to help you do with the below video blend.
Also? In addition to the above sets, we've got a whole gang of other things going on with tonight's showcase. Here's a sampling:
• The beginning of the night will double as a birthday party from DJ Sober, who'll spin for the first two hours of the night.
• Garland's III Fellas BBQ crew is gonna be up in the spot, rocking a grill all night and handing out free barbecue sandwiches to the first 200 people in the door.
• We're gonna have custom art from the Sour Grapes crew up all around the place.
• We're gonna have a basketball hoop set up out back.
• Oh, and we also ordered custom styrofoam cups for the bartenders to pour your drinks into because that's hilarious.
If you haven't yet RSVP'd, do so immediately, right here, so you can pay $3 at the door and not $10. Doors open at 7. We'll see you there.