Oh, Crap. You Just Ran Into Your Ex?
Situation: You just saw your ex.
Feelings: Mad, sad, traumatized. Unless he or she was looking terrible, in which case you may feel a little happy.
Goal: Gorge on some food, while still keeping yourself looking fly and confident in case there's a second run-in. (Pro tip: There is always a second run-in.)
OK, so we definitely want a dish on the healthy side. But, listen, this is “Eat Your Feelings,” so we need something will soothe a bit of that sting that your sweet little heart just felt.
Enter baked mozzarella cheese sticks.
– 1/3 cup of crushed seasoned croutons
– 3 skim mozzarella cheese sticks
– 2 egg whites
– 1/4 cup marinara sauce
– non-stick cooking spray
1. Crush croutons and heat over medium in a skillet, until browned. Place in shallow dish.
2. Cut each mozzarella stick into 3 equal pieces.
3. Place egg whites in shallow bowl.
4. Coat mozzarella pieces in egg white.
5. Coat in crushed croutons.
6. Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray.
7. Place mozzarella pieces on cookie sheet.
8. Bake for three minutes or until cheese is softened.
9. Pour marinara sauce into bowl and heat.
10. Serve marinara with mozzarella pieces.
Serving size: 3 mozzarella nuggets and 1 Tbsp sauce.
Nutrition information: 91 calories, 5.1 grams of fat, 6.7 grams of carbohydrates, 7.2 grams of protein.
And that should do the trick! If you're still feeling down, go ahead and eat a Hershey's Kiss. They're only 22 calories. Then maybe look at some really unflattering pictures of your ex. It always helps!