You Only Lasted Two Days Into Your 30-Day Cleanse?
Situation: You only made it through two days of your planned 30-day cleanse.
Feelings: guilty, disappointed, somewhat lackluster.
Goal: to get back on the “new year, new me” train.
A 30-day cleanse is a pretty ambitious undertaking — especially when it comes in the wake of six long weeks of gluttonous holiday boozing and eating.
So, no, you didn't make it all the way through this time. It's not that big of a deal. Don't get too down on yourself. Every day is a new day. You can try again later.
In the meantime, how about you set a more attainable goal? Like, tomorrow, maybe only have two beers instead of four.
While you're making that list of new goals to reach, perhaps you should eat some of your guilty feelings away with an incredibly delicious and guilt-free snack? Yeah, that sounds about right.
Cheesecake-stuffed strawberries are just what you need.
Ingredients: strawberries; an 8 oz. package softened, low-fat cream cheese; 1/2 a cup powdered sugar; 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla; some graham cracker crumbs.
1. Using a small knife, cut the greens off and hollow out the insides of your strawberries.
2. Let the strawberries sit to dry out — just a bit — while you make the filling.
3. Beat your cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a small bowl.
4. Pour your new filling into a sandwich baggie and use some scissors to cut a small hole in one of the baggie's bottom corners, effectively turning your baggie into an icing pipe.
5. Pipe your cheesecake filling mixture into your hollowed out strawberries.
6. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs along the exposed icing on your strawberries.
Remember: Swimsuit season is still a good 5 months away. You've got plenty of time jump on and off that healthy wagon in the meantime.