Your Debit Card Got Declined?
Situation: It's 2:15 a.m., you just left the bar, and you need food. But your debit card just got declined in the Taco Cabana drive-thru window.
Feelings: Embarrassed, hungry, sad, hungry, annoyed. Did I say hungry?
Goal: To get some food in your belly and worry about the bank tomorrow.
It's happened to the best of us. But now you're hungry, you can't buy those dang quesadillas you love, and you're a little depressed. As with all other things that come along with being broke, you've got to get creative. Take a look in your pantry and hope that you can create something soothing. You more than likely have bread, an egg, some sandwich meat and a few other comforting items.
Enter your own personal version of a French Toast Turkey melt.
– 2 slices of bread
– 1 egg
– a few slices of deli meat (3 slices of turkey used in this recipe)
– cheese of some sort (1/4 cup grated cheese used in this recipe)
– jelly or syrup (2 tbsp strawberry jelly used in this recipe)
1. Stir egg into a bowl.
2. Dip each slice of bread in mixture. Coat both sides.
3. Spray frying pan with nonstick spray or melt a little butter in pan.
4. Cook each slice of egg-coated bread in pan until golden brown. Turn several times.
5. Place meat and cheese in between slices and return to pan.
6. Grill just long enough for cheese to melt.
7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if available.
8. Dip in sweet, sugary substance like jelly, jam or syrup.
Nutritional info (as prepared): 429 calories, 13.8 grams of fat, 47.53 grams of carbs, 30.8 grams of protein.
This is the one time you should allow yourself to be a fat kid. Numb all those feelings of being broke, get a good night sleep and talk to Anita in customer service tomorrow. She'll help you out as best she can.