It's Almost The Fourth of July? It's Almost The Fourth of July!
Situation: It's the Third of July, which means tomorrow is July Fourth! And that's just amazing!
Feelings: Happy, joyful and free.
Goal: To eat some great food, drink some beer, soak up the sun and enjoy the ones you love.
But tomorrow is a different story. It's like an adult play day — and you better participate. Because, dammit, you deserve it.
Just remember: Wherever you go to celebrate tomorrow's holiday, it's bad form to show up to a party empty-handed. So bring these bad boys with you. Because chocolate chip cookie sandwiches are quite possibly the best culinary invention of all time, yo.
Ingredients: chocolate chip cookie dough, cream cheese frosting, sprinkles.
1. Bake your cookies as directed on package.
2. Let them cool until, well, they're cool!
3. Fill a plastic baggie with frosting and cut the tip off.
4. Pipe a thick layer of frosting onto the bottom side of one cookie.
5. Place another cookie on top of the frosting, bottom-side down.
6. Sandwich those these together until a little frosting pushes out of the edge.
7. Roll exposed frosting in sprinkles.
8. Thank us later.
Enjoy your holiday! And don't forget to share!