Bulladora Announces Yeasayer, Washed Out, AlunaGeorge, Shamir and More For Debut Bill.
Since we already did it about a week ago, there's not much sense in spending too much time re-introducing you to the concept of the Bulladora Music Experience, the latest music fest to enter itself into the fray.
Instead, let's recap with some fast facts.
• It's a two-day deal going down on Saturday, June 4, and Sunday, June 5. (There's also a free screening of an as-yet-unannounced documentary going down on the Friday, June 3, if you want to count that too.)
• It's happening at Reverchon Park in Oak Lawn.
• Single-day passes start at $49 (plus fees) with weekend passes running $99 (plus fees).
• Per organizers, non-music amenities at the fest include “hot air balloon rides, a pug petting zoo and quirky custom lawn games.”
• It's being thrown, mostly, by newcomers to the music booking game, with some production assistance from the people behind the Dallas Marathon.
And, to date, that's pretty much the bulk of what we've known — aside from the fact that, due to a leak in the camps of indie darlings Yeasayer and synth pop act Great Good Fine OK, we knew they were playing the thing.
Well, as of this morning, we now know the whole bill. And it's actually a pretty decent, if mostly indietronica-centric offering, for a first-year deal: Joining Yeasayer atop this bill's (inaugural?) lineup are chillwaves progenitors Washed Out and alt-R&B act AlunaGeorge, plus a slew of buzzing second-tier dance-pop acts that includes Shamir, MOTHXR, Cheat Codes and more.
Specifically: Paperwhite, Great Good Fine Ok, POWERS, Shamir, Cheat Codes and AlunaGeorge will perform on Saturday; Lostboycrow, XYLØ, JR JR, MOTHXR, Washed Out and Yeasayer will play on Sunday.
The lineup was announced overnight via a press release from organizers, who therein took the opportunity to explain how they came up with this direction.
“The type of event we were craving didn't exist here, so we set out to create it,” fest co-founder Zac Miller is quoted as saying. “Something with great music, but also imagination and whimsy… Our goal is for people to have the time of their lives.”
Adds his co-founder Josh Harris: “We had a definite focus when curating the lineup — is the act relevant, and will their energy and creativity rub off on people? There are challenges in crafting a progressive lineup like ours, but the ride we're going to take attendees on each day is totally worth it.”
Guess we'll see for sure in that regard come June. Get your tickets here. But, actually, before you do, maybe head here first to sign up for the Bulladora mailing list, which will get you a promo code to get $25 off your purchase.
Full 2016 Bulladora Music Experience Lineup:
Great Good Fine OK