A Handy Guide To Which Dallas Bars Will Be Open on Thanksgiving Night.
Thanksgiving is tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow!
You'll be surrounded by family, friend and food — and then, almost without a doubt, a impending sense of anxiousness.
Don't fight it. Don't even be ashamed of it. It happens to us all. And, the truth is, the perfect way to wrap up a day of being surrounded by family and stuffing yourself with turkey and pumpkin pie is to leave the house and grab a beer with some good friends.
Much as we all love our families, we spend much more time with our friends. And we should be thankful for them, too.
To that end, here's a handy list of your favorite Thursday night spots in Dallas — catered specifically to your Thanksgiving needs. Here, we'll tell you what time these places open, what specials they might be serving and if they're serving any food.
Food, you're asking? Yes, of course! Bar food! Drunk food! Not your mama's Thanksgiving food! C'mon, you know you're gonna want some once you're drunk. Oh, and speaking of getting drunk: if you're more in the mood for a pre-meal liquid lunch, we've found a couple of open spots for that, too.
Open at 7 a.m.
• The Goat. 7248 Gaston Avenue. No specials, but, yes, the Goat will open at 7 a.m., just as it does every day.
Open at 10 a.m.
• Ships Lounge. 1613 Greenville Avenue. Same deal as the Goat: No specials, but, yes, they're still opening early.
Open at 6 p.m.
• Capitol Pub. 2401 North Henderson Avenue. No specials, but the kitchen will be open until 11 p.m.
Open at 7 p.m.
• British Beverage Company. 2800 Routh Street. No specials, but the new Uptown hotspot will be serving food until closing time.
• Vickery Park. 2810 North Henderson. No specials and the kitchen will be closed. But — and this is a big ol' but — the bar will be serving their late-night tacos.
Open at 8 p.m.
• Goodfriend Beer Garden & Burger House. 1154 Peavy Road. The kitchen is closed, so no luck on the burger front. But the bar will be serving $3 Jamesons, Wild Turkeys and local spirits all night long.
• The Double Wide. 3510 Commerce Street. Good Luck Karaoke is on just like every other Thursday night, and happy hour prices will be in effect until 10 p.m.
• The Single Wide. 2110 Greenville Avenue. Happy hour until 9 p.m.
• The Gin Mill. 1921 North Henderson Avenue. Open!
• Barcadia. 1917 North Henderson Avenue. Get a shot and a domestic beer for $7 tonight.
• Renfield's Corner. 2603 Routh Street. Open, but the kitchen will be closed.
• Beauty Bar. 1924 North Henderson Avenue. Big Bang! with DJ Sober is on as usual.