How To Make a Tasty, Organic, All-Natural Treat For Your Best Friend.
With all the hoopla over homemade, all-natural and organic eats these days, we figured it was high time we shared that all goodness with our four-legged friends.
It only seems fair. After all, if you follow us on Instagram (username: @centraltrack) or Twitter (as you should), then you know how much we adore pets — especially our own adorable office receptionist/security guard, Bruce. He's a boxer and he's amazing.
Seriously: Our forefathers were correct when they labeled these little fellas as Man's Best Friend. Animals love us pretty unconditionally, which is part of why Bruce is a pretty terrible security guard, but we digress.
He loves us and we love him back. So, to give thanks for our pets' affection, we've concocted a treat specifically with them in mind.
It's a really easy one to make, too.
Ingredients: Two cups of whole wheat flour, one cup of natural peanut butter, one cup of skim milk, and a tablespoon of baking powder.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine flours and baking powder in bowl, then set aside.
3. Combine peanut butter and milk in bowl, then add to dry ingredients. Mix well, then knead into firm dough with hands.
4. Roll out into 1/4-inch-thick slices and cut with cookie cutters.
5. Place on cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until thoroughly dried.
7. Let cool.
8. Feed to your dog.
9. Watch your dog try to love you more than it already does.
As you'll see, our pal Bruce really enjoyed these treats. We bet your four-legged friend will, too.