Here Are All Of The Gifts That Ahmed Mohamed, The Irving Teen Arrested For A Bomb Hoax, Has Received
Ever since Ahmed Mohamed was arrested by police a week ago for the bomb hoax incident, he's become somewhat of a celebrity.
He's got his fans, which we will get to, and his fair share of detractors, too.
There have been theories that call into question the validity of why Ahmed brought the clock in the box into school and whether he'd even actually assembled it himself in the first place. What the theories don't mention is that, if Ahmed had devised a plot to expose bigotry in America and overzealous “zero tolerance” school punishment, then he's not the naive geek with a curiosity for technology that many believe him to be.
Then he's actually a legit genius.
Either way, it seems most people are in love with the kid. In the aftermath of this controversy, Ahmed has And, y'know what, like saints, we've rounded up all those gifts for you.
• Scholarship To Space Camp.
Creative minds are always welcome at Space Camp, and we appreciate donors who help them come. Someone has provided a scholarship for Ahmed.— SpaceCampUSA (@SpaceCampUSA) September 16, 2015
• A NASA shirt from a dude who flew in space.
• An Internship At Facebook.
• Free circuits, whatever those are.
• A bunch of free shit from Microsoft.
• An internship at Reddit.
• An invitation to meet Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.
• An Invitation to the Google Science Fair.
• A scholarship at… a business school?
Ahmed if you ever decide to study business, You have a scholarship waiting. @POTUS @IStandWithAhmed #IStandWithAhmed pic.twitter.com/kPiiC5kG2c— New European College (@NewEurCollege) September 17, 2015
• Chance to record… music… with Ne-Yo?
• Oh, just an invitation to the White House by the President of the United States, Barack Hussien Obama.
Cool clock, Ahmed. Want to bring it to the White House? We should inspire more kids like you to like science. It's what makes America great.— President Obama (@POTUS) September 16, 2015
Yeah, we're definitely jealous of a 14-year-old.