Your Therapist Canceled On You? Twice?
Situation: Your therapist canceled your appointment — not once, but twice! And you really, really, really, really, really needed to talk to her this time.
Feelings: sad, depressed, rejected.
Goal: Get off the ledge! You can get through this.
Yes, your ex just became your ex again. Yes, your mom just got engaged after three weeks of dating someone. Yes, you just quit your job — on a whim.
All of these things are true and need to be heard by a professional.
But, until then, you have Chocolate Eclair Cake.
Listen: This is a serious time in your life. Do not hesitate. Eat as much of this as you safely can.
Ingredients: 1 box of graham crackers, 2 small boxes of instant French Vanilla pudding, 3 cups of cold milk, an 8 oz. container of Cool Whip, 1 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of cocoa, 1 stick of butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
1. Blend both packages of pudding with half of your milk.
2. Fold in your Cool Whip.
3. Line the bottom of 9″-by-13″ baking dish with one layer of graham crackers.
4. Place pudding mixture on top of crackers.
5. Put a layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding mix.
6. Combine sugar, cocoa and a 1/4 cup of milk in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
7. Let ingredients boil for one minute.
8. Remove from heat and add one stick of butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
9. Stir until butter is completely melted.
10. Pour onto top layer of graham crackers immediately.
11. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Like we said, you'll get through this.
And, if you're still feeling super down, watch some YouTube videos of cats doing funny things.
Those can cheer up even the bluest of blue.